Xtragest is a combination of broad-spectrum enzymes that support digestion and nutrient absorption.* One of the most comprehensive enzyme supplements available today that contains 7 digestive enzymes along with ox bile, pancreas substance and betaine hydrochloride.
Xtragest is recommended for:
- For those who would benefit from a proteolytic enzyme supplement (to support comfort and provide building blocks for injured tissues; this also applies to those who suffer from inflammatory condition, including urinary tract infection, prostate infection and/or enlarged prostate gland),*
- Those under stress,*
- Those who eat a lot of fried, grilled or baked foods (foods prepared at high temperatures for long periods of time lose naturally occurring enzyme activity),*
- Those who overuse antacids (overuse of antacids can decrease enzyme effectiveness and secretion),*
- People with deficient digestive enzymes (those who lack digestive enzymes are more prone to digestive problems),*
- Geriatric individuals (as we age, enzyme secretion decreases),*
- Those with jaw or teeth problems (improper chewing of food decreases enzyme secretion).*
Pancreas Substance (enteric coated):
- Lipase enzymes help digest and assimilate fats.*
- Protease enzymes including bromelain, pepsin, trypsin and papain all digest proteins into smaller units (peptides and amino acids) for better absorption and utilization.*
- Amylase enzymes breakdown carbohydrates.*
Cellulase enzymes digest fiber.*
Ox Bile (enteric coated) aids in fat digestion by emulsifying fats in the small intestine for fat absorption.
Betaine Hydrochloride provides a source of hydrochloric acid, which is not considered a digestive enzyme, but is necessary for the proper function of enzymes.
Enteric coated to ensure their release in the body at the proper digestive interval.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease